Tuesday, May 27, 2008

art!

I really wanna find an art class i can take like once a week, preferably at night and preferably a figure drawing/painting class. I feel like ive lost touch with the fundamentals of my art and I struggle to translate the ideas in my head onto paper because of this.

I love my art and I always welcome improvement on everything I do. But lately i feel as though ive been slacking when it comes to my art, these are the dark ages of me as an artist but I feel a Renaissance approaching where I am painting much more, tattooing much more and in turn this all makes me feel so much better about myself. I place all the blame for this artistic renaissance on my new house and being around another artisticly driven mind more often.

Art Plans:
- Go to some life drawing workshops, they are scheduled on Mondays at the sketch club from 630-930 which works perfect.
- Collaborate with chris on some sketches towards the couch painting of the skyline.
- Do LOTS more tattoos, especially working on Mattys sleeve more often.
- Explore the idea of a set of pieces based on Mucha's women but more modern. This would accomplish 2 things, help acquire a style that of Mucha and to decorate the house better.

2 comments:

jessiebird said...

try fleisher in queens village http://www.fleisher.org/

the neen said...

lets collaborate.