Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Rapture

Lately I've been having really vivid dreams that surprisingly I remember most of when I wake up. There isn't much of a theme to them but they are all super realistic and usually kinda scary.

Last night was no exception.

I'm not to sure how the dream started out but as it started to get realistic I remember more. I remember being in a building on the ground floor with a few close friends and family and the whole city beginning to freak out. In the dream there was all sorts of weird camera angles of what was going on outside kinda like when some amateur picks up a camera and tries to fill some crazy shit but can't really find it in the viewfinder. Just as the camera looks up to the sky theres this huge message going across the sky, kinda like subtitles for God. The message goes on to say how this is the end of the world and so on and so on rapture rapture blah blah. This is when everyone starts to really freak out and I feel as though this dream was taking place on a certain date that made the dream me feel as though this was appropriate on said date but I just cant remember that detail. Although everyone is freaking out nothing too big is going on outside that makes it feel rapturey until... in the same shaky camera view, the city that I am in (which is made up of Philadelphia and I suppose some other subconscious cities) begins to crumble and fall apart. I think crumble isn't the best word to describe it because its almost like crucial parts to the buildings were just disappearing but still falling apart at the same time if that makes any sense at all. I remember that in the dream I don't firmly have a belief in a God that is vengeful and all seeing but I clearly said "Fuck, now i have to repent or I'm going to hell." haha I love dream me, hes so funny. The dream continues on with me preparing to be taken away the whole time hoping that when I get taken away that its not in some violent way. Me and several other friends seem to go back and forth from house to house collecting things? Like when we get taken away we want certain things to go with us? Real weird... but the rest of the dream is a little hazy to me at the moment, I do know I woke up before I was taken away so the there was no real "ending" to my dream unfortunately.

I'm still taken back about how realistic the dream was and how my emotions inside the dream felt very real. I was genuinely scared when buildings were collapsing and people were dying. Although the dream wasn't lucid I feel as though it was very close, I just wish I could know so much more about the sub-conscious and its involvement in my dreams.
That is it for now.

No comments: