Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Training ridetastic

Last night I went on a sweet training ride with Julius and Ansel and some random dude we met up with Danny. It kicked off at 6:30 and we decided riding to Valley Forge would be nice and so we pedaled our way towards manayunk and up Ridge Ave which was the only real climb of the entire ride. This is where Julius decided he would just meet up with us in Valley Forge and took the easier route through Manayunk to the trail. So it was Ansel, Danny and myself from there on out to VF and we were cooking out there. Danny was the only one with a bike computer so he was keeping us up on how fast we wre traveling and all the distance info. On our way out there he said we were pulling each other at anywhere between 24 and 28mph, which is peloton speed! This got me super excited because these are the sort of numbers im looking for when it comes to easing into the amateur scene in cycling. Of course I still have a ways to go before I can actually feel confident with the peloton. Here's a rundown on my goals:

-Improve power on my pedaling
-Endurance needs to be increased which requires lots more long rides on my part.
-I need new cycling shoes, a helmet and perhaps some new clipless pedals.
-To do at least 3 loooooong rides a week after work, Vf seems reasonable but may get repetitive so I'm gonna have to look up some good cycling routes that i can really open up on
-Improve nutrition, my diet is horrendous

I feel like those are reasonable goals for the future, now to muster up the motivation. Any inspiring words?

No comments: