Wednesday, July 2, 2008

smoking

Ive noticed recently that a lot of people who I've known in the past have taken up smoking. These are all people who I would never think to take up such a nasty habit. Its definitely a shame because deep down I feel sorry for them because the habit is just so stupid.

On the other hand, my dad has quit smoking just about 4 months now and I couldnt of been more proud of him. He was on a daily regimen of a pack a day at least and all for what? You get absolutely NOTHING out of smoking, its all mental. "Oh I feel relaxed and less stressed now that Ive had that ciggarette." No, you now smell awful and not only have you wasted 4-7 dollars of your money youve received nothing out of it. I love looking at the numbers, a pack of Marlboro reds costs just about $4.20 and say you smoke a pack a day, thats $1533 a year. That is groceries for the whole year. Thats a real nice trip to the bahamas. Thats paying off your gas or electric for a whole year. Thats a super nice bike with all those nice parts youve always wanted but cant understand why you can never afford it.

As you can see I feel strongly about this. I dont know why people start, it must be the "cool" appeal to it all, or even the sex appeal. I simply just dont get it, this doesnt mean im not friends with people who smoke because thats their choice but when I am around to see someone start smoking it just really gets me going. I understand addiction, I have become well versed in what the effects are and I hate when someone openlyy decides "Hey, I want to take up a habit in which I will definitely regret and even though most people wont admit it, they will think less of me."

Ughhhh I could go on for days about how much I hate smoking, gross...

2 comments:

eura mura said...

Smoking is bad? Why didn't anyone tell meeeeeeee!?

thehorseandrider said...

i think it's damn nasty too. my mom burned me with a cigarette back when i was five and i've never gotten over it. she quit a year later through hypnosis. i thought that was neat and i vowed a long time ago to never start.